Thursday, December 27, 2007

Life long joy becoming a career in retirement

My former husband has been a photographer since long before I met him in 1964. Throughout our marriage, he always took wonderful pictures. Earlier in 2007, as he is entering his sixth decade he has joined the Professional Photographers of America and developing a new career. He is having more than slight success in getting contracts or bookings (or whatever photographers call these things). Always wonderful, his photography has improved every year.

Without a doubt, his photographs are some of the most treasured ones on the walls of our home. Recently, I matted many photos with wide white mats and classic black frames and created a wall of photographs in our home. It's quite impressive. If and when, I can figure out how to add photos to this medium and if I can get his permission, I will post a couple. I won't post his work without his permission.



Recently, his wife emailed me that they are headed for Tampa and then on to Cozumel. They are leaving the 29th. The photography organization has an annual conference in Florida and this year it is followed by a cruise to Cozumel. They are going to all sorts of conference sessions and pre-conference sessions. It gives them a chance to network with other photographers, gain additional tools, learn more about the business and marketing side of the profession and have a wonderful vacation. They went to one of the associations conferences in Memphis in July and had a wonderful time. Roger is involved in the artistic side of the photography and Diane is focusing on the business side. They're a good match in so very many ways.


Personally, I am hoping that he gets to take lots of photographs while in Mexico. I'm happy that they are getting to go and hope they have a wonderful time, but (selfish me) I'm thinking also about beautiful pictures of Mexico. Usually, he gives me access to a couple of wonderful pictures.

Diane's daughter, Roger's step-daughter and my informally (sort of) adopted daughter is providing care for what Diane refers to as the "zoo" while they are gone.

As I look back over my life, I am struck by how incredibly blessed I've been to have had the opportunity to have the three of them in my life.

No comments: