Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Probable Cause Hearing

Had Probable Cause Hearing this morning. He stipulated. That means he chose to give up and not fight the hearing. Given the severity of his case, it was a really smart move. Those hearings are open to the public and he had a 20 year history of sneaking around town, stalking women, gathering information, blackmailing them, peeking in their window and watching them undress, public masturbation on the side of their houses while he watched and hands on skin on skin contact offenses at knifepoint including one completed rape.

There are some things that it's just better not to have come out in open court.

Returned home and attempted to call or contact by fax a parole officer in a northern county. I have not dealt with this county previously. When we are unable to refer an inmate because they don't meet the statutory criteria we inform the parole supervisor of our findings and provide any information we can that might help them supervise the inmate when he is released. There are many of these men that do not meet criteria and we do not refer. Actually, most of these men do not meet criteria and they are released.

So, I'm trying to provide required information that may be helpful to parole and every time I try to call or fax I get a recorded message that the phone and fax machine only accepts local calls. This is ridiculous. Basically, they have the phone system set up so they can't get the information they need.

I've got Catherine working on it. Thank God for Catherine! I don't have the time or resources to hunt down the parole officer. Frustrating!!!!! Truth is, Catherine doesn't have the time to do it either. But, she will get me the info I need so I can do my job.

No comments: