Wednesday, May 12, 2010

PASSWORD: Reset

Eric came home from work and fixed the computer. Of course, this took hours. He called AT&T from work. They started working on it. Eventually, he had to leave work, come home and contact them again to get the thing reset to something that has meaning to me and that I can remember and use. This, of course, took hours. In order to do anything, those people have to know my DOB, my favorite actor, my favorite hobby, my favorite superhero as a child, etc. ad infinitum. Plus, they have to have some made up four digit #. I have to store all these things in a My Documents file because I just make them up and of course won't remember any of them. I didn't have a favorite superhero as a child. I didn't even know there were superheros as a child. I can't remember the names of any of my teachers as a child. Hell, I can remember few of the names of the professors in my PhD program. I do know my birthday. I have a zillion favorite actors. I have few hobbies. And, what the Hell business is it of AT & T anyway?

No comments: