Tuesday, September 9, 2008

SONOGRAM

Tomorrow morning I'm scheduled to have a sonogram of my carotid arteries. My doctor believes there is some sort of build up of plaque (or something) and is concerned that I may be vulnerable to a stroke. He's especially concerned because my blood pressure gets a bit on the high side at times. In truth, I've had serious problems in the past with very significantly elevated blood pressure. He hears something called bruits in both arteries. I've had this procedure done previously because two other doctors heard these bruits. Last time, I had it done the sonogram came back non-problematic.

So, here we go again.

They have a rather disgusting sounding procedure they do if the sonogram shows anything serious. It's a lot like a plumber does when your pipes get stopped up or when tree roots get in your sewer line.

No comments: