Thursday, September 4, 2008

FALL HAS ARRIVED

Either Fall has arrived or remnants of Gustav has arrived. I've been complaining about the heat all summer. It's pouring down rain and it's a very cold rain!

I took Dakota in for chemo this morning and we were both soaked to the skin--literally drenched. Holly, Jake and Savannah Jo are refusing to leave their beds. Well, they did walk to the French doors, observe Dakota getting drenched and trotted back to their beds and their blankets. It was Thanks, but No thanks.

The rain is incredibly cold, we have some wind and the rain stings my skin as it hits me. Feels like little not quite yet ice slivers. I dearly love this kind of whether and the beginning of fall. Given that we live in St. Louis, the weather will probably turn and bake us for several more weeks so I need to enjoy this while it lasts.

No comments: