Friday, July 25, 2008

PRIVACY FENCE

Got the application from the city for the privacy fence. First thing that had to be done was get permission from the people next door to remove their fence and have the privacy fence put up between their yard and ours. He agreed, but appeared as grief stricken as Eric.

This privacy fence will add value to their house as well as ours. I'm planning to have an attractive fence installed by professional fence installers. But, apparently both Eric and the neighbor feels it will potentially build a wall between them. I don't understand this because if I had my way, I'd live in a house with a 3 foot deep, 15 foot high stone wall all the way around the house and it would be electrified. I like the neighbors a lot, but I want to be able to get out in my back yard without everybody being able to see me. The only thing I've truly hated about living in this house was the now defunct law forbidding privacy fences.

So, I'm sad about his feelings. He and Eric are good friends and I support the friendship.

Drove all the way to Shawnee today. Long trip down in southern farm land. The land literally changes as one approaches the Shawnee National Forest (which is quite beautiful). I always feel as though I'm going home because it's down in the neck of the woods where I grew up and the land reminds me of home. It's heavily forested, with rolling hills (sometimes very high jagged hills) and there are lots of big rocks jutting out. Really lovely landscape. I love the verdant green and the mossy smell. I've never cared for exceeding flat landscapes.

It was a long trip. I needed to be out the door by 6:30 and had to drive 3 hours. Then, I did a four hour assessment and drove three hours home.

The guy doesn't consider himself a child molester. He considers himself a sex offender because he broke the law. But, he does not consider 13 and 14 year old girls children. He has a strange mind set and sort of reminds me of those FLDS guys who marry 13 and 14 year old girls. Fortunately, the law recognizes people 17 and under as children.

No comments: