Saturday, June 14, 2008

TIM RUSSERT

Like many people, I was stunned, shocked and saddened by the sudden death of 58 year old Tim Russert. Other than watching him on TV, I had no knowledge of him. I was impressed by his work, but did not make his show appointment TV.

His sudden death has brought home to me something far more important and something I already knew at some level of consciousness. It brought home to me how important it is to keep those people we love very close to us because any moment could be the last. There may not be the chance to say "I love you" or "Goodbye" or "I'm sorry" or "I forgive you".

And, if we don't say those words, if we don't repair relationships with those we love------we live for the rest of our lives with our grief at not repairing the relationships.

No comments: