Wednesday, January 16, 2008

CORRECTION

After Eric read yesterday's post, he corrected me. The plane was a small plane. It did not crash. (I swear he had told me previously that it crashed, but it was probably a misunderstanding in the middle of a contentious discussion about his refusal to fly!). Anyway, he was only about 18 months or two years old, his father and I guess someone else took him up flying with them, someone did not check for adequacy of fuel, the plane ran out of fuel and they experienced a rather rough landing in a potato field somewhere in Europe or England. His mother was not a happy woman! She apparently believed that the first thing one should do before taking a plane off (especially with her toddler aboard) was to make sure you have enough fuel to complete the flight and land the plane safely.

Now that I stand corrected and you stand corrected, it's interesting to me that they had a rough landing in a potato field and he has turned into a potato. Speaks to the importance of experiences during the formative years I think!

No comments: